DualDraw’s entry into the market of Homeland Security is an example of our unique technology and the diversity of our products and applications.
Following Sept. 11, 2001, DualDraw was approached by the US Government to protect mail-center operators using the same patented DualDraw airflow technology applied in industrial facilities. We felt honored that our technology would be considered in the efforts to protect individuals and organizations against terrorism and decided to take a closer look at potential solutions to this emerging threat.
We then conducted a few months of research and development and subsequently launched our Homeland Security product line, which features products designed to help protect operators and facilities from the potential catastrophic outcome of a terrorist attack through the mail.
Our Homeland Security products employ the same patented symmetrical airflow design as our industrial line of products; however, they are specially equipped to protect against and detect the presence of chemical, biological, and explosive threats.
These downdraft solutions are designed to be placed inside offices, mailrooms, entry screening checkpoints, and other secure areas. Our Homeland Security products provide safety to workers through the protection of breathing zones from hazardous substances and the detection of some of the following:
- Chemicals – Detects a wide range of Chemical Warfare Agents (CWA’s) and Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TIC’s).
- Biohazards -Systems will alert operators with a first tier alert when a biological agent such as Anthrax is present.
- Radiological/Nuclear – Detects the presence of radiological or nuclear sources that could be potentially hidden in something such as a dirty bomb.
- Explosives – Detects a wide range of both high and low vapor pressure explosives using trace detection technology integrated into the DualDraw downdraft system.
In our increasingly dangerous workplace environments, these products for security provide solutions that many government and security officials demand or are required to have in place through federal regulations.
Some of our customers include:
- The Federal Reserve
- United States Postal Inspection Service
- Department of Treasury
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Homeland Security
- Defense Contract Management Agency
- Defense Logistics Agency
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service
- Defense Information Systems Agency
- Pentagon Federal Credit Union
- US Bankruptcy Court
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Customs and Border Protection
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Environmental Protection Agency
- State of Colorado
- State of Illinois
- United States Marine Corps
For more information about our Homeland Security line or DualDraw’s other products, please contact us at 800-977-2125; or feel free to drop us on line with your comments or questions here, Facebook, or Twitter.